Do you have any idea to practice english conversation?

Vocabulary lesson discussions.
ma_ru_koe

Do you have any idea to practice english conversation?

Postby ma_ru_koe » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:02 pm

Do you have any idea to practice english conversation? How to be a native conversation

englishteacher551

Re: Do you have any idea to practice english conversation?

Postby englishteacher551 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:02 am

I always suggest my students to begin with simple functional language that is very familiar.

For example: discussing what you study at University, foods you like to eat, places you like to visit and why, hobbies and activities you like to do and why.

--> These questions require very direct, tangible answers e.g.: I like study biology and medicine. I love to eat grapes, pasta and ice cream. I love to travel to places like India and Australia.

For each answer one can attach a mental picture.

Once you become comfortable discussing these sorts of functional topics, then you can move on to more abstract questions and discussion.

For example:

What message do you think the movie wanted to send?

What are some cultural differences between East Asian cultures and the U.S.A?

--> These questions require more indirect, intangible answers e.g.:

I think the director was trying to send a message about the lack of community felt by many people in the U.S.

East Asian cultures tend to be more introverted and focused on the society as a whole where Americans are more extroverted and focused on the individual.

It is more difficult to develop a mental picture of these sorts of answers.

mai

Re: Do you have any idea to practice english conversation?

Postby mai » Sat May 01, 2021 12:57 pm

A few years ago studying English online was unusual, now it is the new normal and provides students with fantastic opportunities to learn safely from home.
Learning English online becomes a place where you share interests with like-minded people and you can make friends and contacts with your classmates worldwide without ever having to leave your home. Transworld schools live online lessons https://www.transworldschools.com/onlin ... urses-e52/ are delivered by an amazing team of professional certified teachers where you feel you are in an actual classroom learning along with other students at your level.
Courses are structured to improve language competency and abilities; English grammar, English pronunciation, accent reduction, vocabulary, speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Available courses include General English, TOEFL preparation and Business English.
The classes are interactive and live with lots of opportunities to practice your speaking skills with other classmates from around the world.
The teachers use online breakout rooms and students are put into small groups to do pair or group work, just as in a normal classroom and you get to know your classmates, get to practice speaking and learn at the same time!